Why Are Korean Mail Order Brides So Popular Nowadays?
Judging by social media and other sources, Korean brides are now some of the most popular foreign women for marriage. American men go to great lengths to land a Korean mail order bride, and here is why you may want it as well.
They are breathtakingly beautiful
Striking appearance is probably one of the main reasons why men choose Korean mail order wives, and after seeing even one Korean woman, it’s not hard to understand why. The beauty standard of Korean ladies has gotten so popular around the world that now there are not only men who are incredibly attracted to the pale skin, sleek hair, plump lips, and feminine bodies of Korean girls, but also women who try their hardest to mimic the typical Korean female look.
You can’t get enough of their personalities
A Korean mail order bride is someone you can talk to for hours and never notice the time go by. Korean women are a surprising combination of their local culture and international trends. They are well aware of the things going on in the world, including culture and fashion, but they are also proud of their personal cultural heritage and want to share it with the world. You will learn a lot from your Korean bride even on your first date, and you will definitely want to learn even more.
They would do anything for love
When you first get to know a Korean mail order bride, you can get the feeling that she’s very realistic and even somewhat pragmatic. However, that first impression often turns out to be wrong, as Korean girls are some of the most romantic women in the world. They begin dreaming about finding love in their teens, so when that happens in their twenties or thirties, they are over the moon and will do anything to make this feeling last.
What Are Korean Wives Like?
After you spend some time with your Korean mail order bride, you will want to keep her by your side forever, and marriage is the best way to do it. Here are just three reasons why you will enjoy having a Korean wife as your life partner.
They have outstanding time management skills
Most women in Korea work and their hard-working attitude doesn’t change even after they have children. Instead of sacrificing one aspect of their lives over the other, they prefer to hone their time management skills. A typical Korean wife has more on her plate than many Western women, but she never complains about her busy schedule or shifts the responsibility onto her partner. There isn’t anything Korean wives won’t do for their families, and that is the feature that makes them perfect for marriage.
They express their love with cooking
Koreans have a different attitude to home cooking compared to the Western world. Whenever possible, Korean families will buy ready-made meals at the supermarkets or cafeterias, or get takeout from a local restaurant. That is why, when your Korean wife cooks for you, it feels even more special. Korean wives use cooking as a way to express their love for their husband, so you can expect your wife to learn your favorite dishes in addition to Korean classics.
They view motherhood as their biggest accomplishment
Women in Korea are in no rush to become mothers. They prefer to establish a career and build a solid foundation for the family together with the man they love. So by the time their first child arrives, they are absolutely ready both for the benefits and the challenges of motherhood. Korean mothers are naturally calm; they are not overbearing but they always care about their kids. If you want your children to grow up into accomplished, balanced, and grateful adults, have them with a Korean wife.
Why Are Korean Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
If you know anything about South Korea at all, you also know that it’s one of the most developed and successful countries not just in Asia, but also around the world. Korean women have everything they can think of in their home country, so they don’t consider marriage to a foreigner as a way to survive. Instead, they view it as one more opportunity to achieve better living conditions. They are intrigued by and attracted to the Western world; specifically, American men. That is why a Korean mail order bride won’t think twice when she’s offered marriage by an eligible foreign bachelor.
The Guide on Marrying a Korean Woman
Tips on dating a Korean girl
You are understandably stressed out about the prospect of dating a Korean woman, but we are happy to tell you that there is no need to make things more complicated than they are. Korean mail order brides are incredibly easy to date, but here are 5 tips that will help you make the relationship even more thriving.
- Show off your caring nature. Korean women may look like the strongest and most empowered females in the world, but deep down, they still want a loving and caring man. Even the most subtle signs of care will make you succeed in your relationship.
- Pay special attention to gifts. Korean brides are big believers in romantic memorabilia and other gifts normally given in a couple. Matching clothes, custom printed T-shirts and mugs with your photos, as well as sweets and chocolates make ideal gifts for her.
- Research local dating culture. Your idea of dating culture in Korea may be influenced by the media, but it can be different from the real deal. Before you embark on your first relationship with a Korean bride, research all the do’s and don’ts.
- Impress her with your knowledge of her background. You and your Korean mail order bride obviously grew up in completely different environments, but you can rest assured she will try to get to know you better. You should do the same and find out about her personality, tastes, and family history.
- Don’t make the relationship too serious too early on. Korean mail order brides may have marriage and kids on their mind, but they also want to have fun with the man they like. Don’t pressure them into making important decisions immediately after you’ve met.
Meeting Korean bride parents: 3 tips
No Korean mail order bride will agree to marry you before you are introduced to her parents, so you should make it happen sooner rather than later. Here is how to charm your future Korean in-laws from the first visit.
- Bring a gift from your home. There is no point in trying to impress the parents of your Korean bride with expensive gifts such as gadgets and perfume, but they will be delighted to get something you brought from home that they cannot buy in Korea.
- Brush up on your etiquette knowledge. Koreans are big believers in etiquette and they don’t make any exceptions to foreigners. If you come to a Korean dinner, you need to behave accordingly, so it’s best to do your research beforehand.
- Be reserved and polite. As you get to know each other better, you will see Korean parents of your bride opening up to you, but it’s not going to happen at the first meeting. During your first visit, be utterly polite, quiet, and somewhat reserved.
Korean wedding customs and laws
Korea is one of the most culturally fascinating countries on the planet, so it’s not surprising that a typical Korean wedding is a collection of traditions that are several centuries old. Here are the five things you will see at every wedding in Korea.
- Traditional wedding clothes. Korean brides and grooms don’t wear white wedding gowns and tuxedos to their big day. Instead, they wear traditional outfits in specific color schemes: red for the bride and blue for the groom.
- The ceremonial parade. The Korean wedding procession, led by the two mothers carrying one candle each, involves every wedding guest and is accompanied by traditional Korean music and lighthearted fun.
- The wide goose. In the past, the Korean groom presented his mother-in-law with a wild goose as a symbol of his eternal love to her daughter. Now the grooms can substitute a live goose for a wooden duck that has the same symbolism.
- Paebaek ceremony. The Paebaek ceremony is the culmination of any Korean wedding. Normally, it is attended only by the newlyweds and their parents, but lately, Korean brides and grooms began holding the Paebaek ceremony in front of other guests as well.
- Cash gifts for the newlyweds. Koreans are not used to doing wedding registries or buying wedding gifts for the newlyweds according to their own taste. Instead, they will bring envelopes with cash that will be placed into a special ceremonial bag.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be a severe language barrier?
Not at all! Sure, it can take you years to master Korean, but you will be relieved to know that Korean women are proficient in English thanks to their interest in Western culture and life. And once you and your Korean bride get closer, she will make an effort to learn English even better, which will make the communication easier.
Is it hard for Korean brides to adapt to life in a new country?
No, Korean women are famously resilient and easily adaptable. They can successfully overcome any challenges in their home country, and that doesn’t change when they move to a different country for marriage. Your Korean wife will seamlessly fit into the new society and will do their best to make your country their new home.
How good are Korean wives with money?
Korean women are very smart with money. Most of them grow up in middle-class families, so why they may not experience outstanding luxury, they see how to live on a decent income without going overboard. You can’t go wrong with entrusting the family budget to your Korean wife, who will help your family achieve your financial goals in no time.
Toshiko Agano is an experienced dating coach. She first started helping people meet their ideal partners and make the relationship work in the late 2000s. Since then, she has assisted hundreds of singles in their personal lives and she knows exactly how to act in a relationship to make it successful.